Mumbai to Lonar lake by public transport:
I started my journey from Dadar by boarding the Devagiri express 17057 at 21:10 to destination Jalna ticket was Rs. 140 in general compartment, thankfully i got a place to sit because Dadar is the source station of the train. I reached jalna by 05:30 from were the jalna bus stop is 10min walk far from the railway station.
- general boggie of indian railway
Information of Lonar crater:
Lonar Sarovar was created by a meteor and is the only known hyper velocity Impact crater basaltic rock anywhere on earth. The impact took place around 55,000 years ago. Lonar Lake has a mean diameter of 1.2 kilometres (3,900 ft) and is about 137 metres (449 ft) below the crater rim. The meteor crater rim is about 1.8 kilometres (5,900 ft) in diameter.
- image from the point whole view
How to reach Lonar Lake from Pune:
The best way is to take an overnight bus to Jalna from Pune. Head to the bus stand which is 10 minutes walk away and from there board a bus to Sultanpur, here you will easily get sharing jeep to Lonar Village from where you can walk to Lonar Sarovar.
How to reach Lonar Lake from Mumbai:
1. Take an overnight Bus or Train to Jalna Station From Mumbai.
2. 10min walk to the bus stand. Auto rickshaw also available Rs. 20 per seat.
3. Board bus to Sultanpur (timing 06:30)(Frequency is 1hr).
4. Sultanpur to Lonar take trax/jeep Rs. 15 per person better ask before to seat.
5. Once you reach Lonar village the Lonar Sarovar is a 15min walk.
- fellow traveler in state bus transport
- jeep which i used to travel from Sultanpur to Lonar village
Places you need to see at Lonar Lake:
1. Gomokh temple.
2. Mystery water flow.
3. Dargaa while heading inside the lake.
4. Temples situated in the inner part of lake.
- The mystery water flow
1. When you ask local people for direction ask where is Lonar Sarovar they know by Sarovar and not Lonar crater.
2. Full viewpoint of Lonar- from where you can click a complete picture of the lake its a green colour ladder on top of the lake opposite of Gomokh temple.
I was finished with Lonar and now I moved to Sultanpur from where I got a direct public bus to Aurangabad. Where Ajanta and Ellora caves were waiting for me.
TIPS/HACKS/SUGGESTION: Best in the Business Power Bank
Too Sum up my whole trip to Aurangabad it goes as follow:
DAY ONE TRIP TO LONAR EXPENSE:
Total Expense of the whole tour to Aurangabad Dates 11th to 13th March 2017 was Rs.1200 approx.
Join our Broadcast List for Travel and Trek News, Updates and blog by a Text on Whatsapp – 9762124690.
Open up and be spontaneous to Comment on your own Trekraw Family Blogs (PS: I am one of you)